Production process standard
One Double kiko product Requires: 70 bamboo slats, with a thickness of 1.2mm and a width of 4mm with a minimum length of 35cm
1 bamboo can become 15 pieces of product.
- Through habatori, mentori, and uraski processes in order to make bamboo blades with a thickness of 3mm.
- Make double kikko woven products, with a thickness of 3mm of the bamboo blades.
- Make a double kiko product frame with a length of 18 cm and a thickness of 4 mm. Bend the bamboo by heating it with candle and then soak it in plain water for one night so shaping the bamboo into a double kiko frame would be easier.
- Cut the remaining part of the webbing that comes out of the frame.
- Tie the frame with rattan that has been processed through habatory process to thin the rattan size to 4 mm. Please note that the rattan must be soaked in plain water overnight first.
- After tied with rattan, finish the product using clear impra.